BE ENCOURAGED: Isaiah 40 is timeless and necessary for our souls - Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint (40:28-31).
- QUESTION: What is the direct and immediate application of God's immeasurable greatness according to Isaiah 40?
- ANSWER: God's unchanging ability to care for us in our weakness! Brothers & sisters, the global spread of COVID-19 is confronting us with our inabilities, our weaknesses, our lack of strength, and much more. According to Isaiah 40, this is precisely when we must wait on the Lord! And when we wait on Him in our weakness, He has promised to meet us in that need and care richly for us!
UPDATE: As more developments continue to come each day regarding COVID-19, the elders are striving to biblically & prayerfully respond as we care for EGBC. Here are the latest things for you to be aware of:
- Community Groups & Bible Studies: Until further notice, all Community Groups & Bible Studies will not be meeting. If you'd like to continue meeting in groups of 4-5 or via a conference call (audio or video), that would be a great way to use technology to minister to one another.
- Financially Caring for One Another: We realize that COVID-19 is going to affect many of you financially. It is our joy, privilege, and duty to give generously and sacrificially to one another in times of need. In Acts 2, the Christian church eagerly shared all things in common. If you have been adversely affected financially by COVID-19, please reach out to the EGBC office or one of the pastor-elders.
- Loving & Serving One Another: As this crisis continues, we are committed to loving & serving one another in tangible ways. If you need food, supplies, medication, or anything else picked up - please call or email the EGBC office. We have several brothers & sisters who are eager to serve the body of Christ in this manner!
- Online Worship Service: This Saturday we will send out a link for our Sunday worship service.
If you'd like to connect with one of the pastors, please do not hesitate to reach out. Even though we cannot gather as we normally do, we are committed to shepherding the body through this time.
EGBC family, may your steadfastness in the faith abound more and more as your eyes stay fixed on Jesus.
Pastor Justin (for the EGBC pastor-elders)